- Fashion Sneakers- Sneakers in general do not last, especially when they are worn a great number of times. Instead try Vans or Converse as they are still classic sneakers but a quarter of the price.
- Trendy nail polish- No trend moves faster than nail polish. Instead, a classic color is the reddish black of Chanel's Vamp.
- Work out wear- Items like sports bras are only meant to last about 6 month -1 year with the constant wear and washing. Work out clothes from Target and Old Navy are just as good as quality.
- Lipstick- High end brand lipsticks can be expensive and they aren't necessarily better. What you're really paying for is the name and the packaging. Drugstore brands like Revlon are just as good and sometimes last longer.
- Statement heels- One minute minimalist heels are in, very bold heels the next. Better to just invest in classic heels.
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
There are investment pieces and then there are pieces that are not worth spending a lot of money on. Here are some things not to invest in and some alternatives.